Code of Conduct
Welcome to the ESA Energy Storage Annual Conference & Expo (#ESACon20). With our unique virtual conference platform, the U.S. Energy Storage Association (ESA) has established a Code of Conduct to which we require all conference attendees to adhere.
ESA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all conference participants including our staff. All participants, including attendees, speakers, exhibitors, staff members, service providers, and all others are required and expected to abide by this Code of Conduct.
#ESACon20 aims to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. We are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or other personal characteristics. This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in #ESACon20 as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We expect all #ESACon20 participants to create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
This Code of Conduct Policy applies to all #ESACon20 meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than #ESACon20 but held in conjunction with #ESACon20 events, on public or private platforms.
ESA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment, by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, ESA asks that you inform either Becca Dietrich (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sophronia Vachon (email@example.com) so that we can take the appropriate action. All reports are confidential to the extent reasonably possible.
Unacceptable Behavior includes:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions by any participant in #ESACon20 at all related events and in one-on-one communications, including online communications, carried out in the context of #ESACon20.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion or national origin.
- In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized or stereotyped images, activities, or other material. Booth staff should not use sexualized or stereotyped clothing, uniforms, or costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized or hostile environment. Be careful in the words that you choose. Harassment committed in a joking manner still constitutes unacceptable behavior. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you.
- Excessive swearing and offensive jokes are not appropriate for #ESACon20.
- Retaliation for reporting unacceptable behavior is a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations.
- Threatening or stalking any attendee.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions at #ESACon20 including Storage Exchange, in the eMarketplace, in the Networking Lounge or at other events organized by ESA throughout #ESACon20. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. ESA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- Participants should make themselves aware of and act at all times consistently with ESA’s Antitrust Compliance Policy.
ESA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, and/or the deletion of inflammatory or otherwise discriminatory comments in #ESACon20 chats. ESA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future virtual or in person meeting.